Photo Credit: Melika Dez
Artistic Director, Live Art Dance
(Halifax, Nova Scotia) Live Art Dance is nationally recognized as a leading provider of and advocate for contemporary dance in Atlantic Canada. Our annual contemporary dance series features diverse works from local, national and international dance artists. We serve the region by helping to cultivate a vibrant and healthy dance ecology, both locally and across Atlantic Canada.
We’re currently receiving applications for the full-time position of Artistic Director to begin April-May 2023. Applications accepted on a rolling deadline until the position is filled.
Salary: 50k annually
- Solid knowledge of the contemporary dance scene on both national and local levels
- Programming: a well-grounded, resourceful and forward-looking vision
- Skillful, thoughtful and energetic administrator
- Solid experience with budgeting, grant-writing
- Keen to work in a small, multi-talented team
- Outgoing: at ease cultivating connections/alliances within the dance community, granting bodies and the arts in general
- Solid knowledge of production requirements for staging small, medium and large-sized works; Nimble at problem solving and thinking outside the box
- Spokesperson at the local and national level, representing Live Art Dance’s interests specifically, and Atlantic dance community as a whole.
- Working with in close cooperation with the General Manager
- Curating/overseeing annual programming and implementation
- Establishing programming budget
- Preparing the annual budget with input from the General Manager on expenses outside of programming
- Grant writing and reporting
- Liaison with dance artists and technicians
- Participation in regular board meetings
Performance goals 2023-24
- Establish solid relations with stakeholders in the local and national dance community
- Curate the 2024-2025 season
To apply please send cover letter and resume with “Artistic Director” in the subject to: [email protected] (Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada). Rolling deadline to apply.